The firm diet plan is what is needed when you change from your usual way of eating in your attempt to lose weight. Usually it is very difficult to stick to your diet plan.
You make promises to yourself about all the things you will give up. He swears he’s giving up fizzy drinks and replacing them with water. You delude yourself into believing that one piece of that chocolate bar won’t hurt you, but have you ever eaten a piece of chocolate and left the rest? It doesn’t happen easily, we have to stick to the firm diet plan.
The Firm Diet Plan: It’s Just An Apple
The way to lose weight is to commit and promise yourself that you won’t give in to temptation. I remember years ago I asked a co-worker if he would like an apple and they told me that his diet does not allow it now.
My thought was, an apple won’t hurt! But where do you draw the line? The idea is to commit to something and stick to the plan.
Since the only way to lose pounds is by sticking to your carefully thought out plan, how do you gain the motivation and control to stick to your diet plan?
The Firm Diet Plan – These tips below will help you stay on track.
• Set a practical weight loss goal for yourself. What you have to remember is that if you set unattainable goals, you will fail. Stay away from fad diets or fast diets that promise to lose 20 pounds in a week. Set a realistic weight loss goal – Doctors and dietitians will tell you that one pound a week is a healthy loss. Once you have your goal, treat yourself (half an apple) and start losing another pound.
• Choose your diet plan well and make sure it fits the way you eat and is healthy. Choose your food well. Are you cutting down on fats and sugars? Limit yourself to around 1,500 calories per day and keep a close eye on your weekly shopping list. Ask yourself if you can live with your chosen plan and if it will work for you.
• Plan your meals a week or more in advance. Make your shopping list and don’t forget about healthy snacks. They will come in handy when you need something quick to eat or are waiting for mealtime.
• Remember that the goal of dieting is not just to lose weight, but to develop a permanent new lifestyle; you don’t want to regain the weight.
• Make sure you have the necessary vitamins and minerals in your diet every day.
• Speak positively and give yourself encouraging talks. Set aside a few minutes each day to be positive. Talk out loud to yourself: stop worrying about what others think of you. Reaffirm your goal of losing the pound at the end of the week and nothing will stop you.
• Losing weight is not that easy or we will all have the ideal weight with nothing to worry about. Take it easy. It took years to gain weight and it will take time to get rid of it. Try to lose one pound per week, that is, 52 pounds per year.
Take a look at 60 ways to lose weight