Microsoft Office 2007 is the most powerful and comprehensive suite of applications Microsoft has ever released to date. These are my top 10 reasons why you should upgrade to Office 2007.
1. Direct system requirements
The minimum requirements to install Office 2007 are not high, regular Pentium III PC running Windows XP SP 2, Server 2003 SP1, or Vista; At least 256 MB of RAM and 2 GB of hard drive space can be used to install Office 2007.
2. Amazing 8 Microsoft Office 2007 suites
These included Microsoft Office Enterprise, Professional Plus, Ultimate, Professional, Small Business, Standard, Home & Student, and Basic 2007 for you to choose from.
3. Price is comparable to Office 2003
The pricing structure for Office 2007 closely resembles Office 2003. If you’re upgrading from your existing version, just add a small penny to get the advanced features of Office 2007.
4. The advantages of the new file formats
Office 2007 introduces XML file formats for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. These formats offer a number of benefits, such as reduced file size and chances of corruption, compatibility, and easy integration with older versions of Office files.
5. Interface changes to improve productivity
Office 2007 programs replace the menu structure with the ribbon. Each tab on the ribbon corresponds to a task. Groups are units of related commands (buttons, menus, dropdown lists, etc.). Those interface changes can improve your working efficiency with most of the functions remaining the same.
6. Additional features for Office Ultimate, Professional Plus, and Enterprise 2007
These features support: implementing enterprise content management, supporting and automating processes through forms and workflows, and protecting documents with persistent security.
7. New tools and features you can’t miss…
These features include SmartArt that lets you create clever graphics to convey all kinds of information; themes that allow you to develop a standard look and feel across all your documents; and other application-specific changes such as Excel charts, functions, richer conditional formatting, Word gallery of building blocks, custom PowerPoint layouts, etc.
8. Numerous deployment options
To install Office 2007 on one or even hundreds of systems, simply prepare disk images, deploy to limited-bandwidth networks using precache technology, upgrade existing versions, or deploy across an enterprise using Group Policy or Microsoft SMS 2003.
9. Application-specific changes add more value to the program
– Word 2007 offers enhanced document comparison and document inspection features; the pre-made building blocks (like covers and sidebars) and you can create, publish and update blog posts directly.
– Excel 2007 has expanded its spreadsheet rows and columns; cartography is simplified; conditional formatting is easier to apply; autocomplete formula; New tools make it easy to discover trends and variations in your data.
– PowerPoint 2007 allows you to set up slide libraries on a SharePoint Server 2007 site; you can add SmartArt and theme styles to transform the look of your presentation.
– Outlook 2007 offers a to-do bar that shows email and flagged tasks; improved calendar sharing; add a preview of attachments; and support for reading and managing RSS feeds.
10. Older versions of Office are outdated
Over time, many bugs and problems were fixed and users increasingly demanded the capabilities of programs hoping to solve daily tasks that make predecessors unable to meet the needs. Office 2007 is the ideal solution for this.